Disable Right Click

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Indiana




The next day….

I decided that I really wanted to take pictures of people and where else would you do so but at a flea market. I found an advertisement for a huge one close by and made an executive decision to go. As we arrived, we immediately were taken back by the abundant amount of Amish buggy’s. We had no idea that Shipshewana is an Amish town. It was absolutely fantastic. Everywhere I looked there were homemade crafts, foods, clothing and quilts made by some of the most pleasant people I have ever met. Their very simple way of life made me envious, but when I looked over at Jason and thought about how blessed of a life I have I decided it was time to leave.





Heading through the crowds and aisles of goodies we proceeded to the Auction hall. From the crisp chilly air we entered the humid and loud hall. I can only assume it was like a normal auction with a few tables full of antiques and furniture, a few auctioneers and very enthusiastic people.









It was a lot of fun just watching but I could only handle so much so I found Jason through all the chaos and we headed towards the car.





After the flea market we drove up to South Bend to see the illustrious Notre Dame. It was pretty impressive, the church on the campus was elegant, to say the least. After walking around, taking a ton of photos and picking up a school newspaper, we headed off to Chicago to see the largest tobacco shop Indian statue (roadside attractions) and ended up on the outskirts of  Chicago, near Toyota Park (home the Chicago fire of the MLS). 















Unfortunately, the sun had already set as we approached the largest stained glass windows in the U.S.  This would have been very disappointing if the stained glass wasn’t black and white. However, I still able to take some photos through the gate, since they were already closed for the day. We then decided to drive to the closest Wal-Mart (out of the city) to call it a night.



No comments:

Post a Comment