Disable Right Click

Friday, October 8, 2010

Yellowstone to Glacier National Park

Driving through Yellowstone was an amazing time. The perfect weather and abundance of wildlife allowed for great photos.

After visiting Old Faithful we drove around the hot springs on the West end of the park. After walking around for a while we decided to head out of the park, to West Yellowstone, for the night.







While I was taking photos, from inside the car, the top ring on my lens just fell off. This has never happened to me before and since the lens was exposed with no way of attaching the lens cap back on, my first priority was to get it repaired.

Looking on the GPS, I was able to find the closest camera repair shop, an hour North of the National Park.


The next day we finished driving around the park and headed North to the repair shop in Bozeman.

Since it was Sunday, we ended up staying there for two days while the shop fixed the lens.


















Bozeman is a nice city, it had a Wal-Mart which was convenient, a pleasant down town area, and a computer museum (which Jason went to). It would have been a nice day trip.

Tuesday afternoon I received a call and 26 dollars later I had my baby back and we were back on the road heading towards Glacier National Park.





















Taking the scenic route up, we drove up to Kalispell, just West of the park. After visiting the local State Park, Hungry Horse Dam and Whitefish Lake, we called it a day at the local WalMart.

No comments:

Post a Comment