Disable Right Click

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mardi Gras World, New Orleans

 After taking the ferry across the river in New Orleans, Jason and I drove to Mardi Gras World. 




 Mardi Gras World is artist Blaine Kern’s studio. Famous for his colorfully cartoon floats, sculptures, and props, Kern’s masterpieces have been the center for the Mardi Gras parade for years.



Nothing screamed Mardi Gras more than entering the warehouse/studio where most of the parade floats and props are created and repaired.








Although I was the only one touring the studio, a few of the workers decided to turn the float lights on for me. The colors on the dragon were really beautiful.




After entering the warehouse and asking for permission to tour the studio, I was able to take a self guided tour through the hundreds of fun and colorful floats.












Spending a few hours walking around and filling two memory cards with hundreds of photos, I finished touring the facility. After dinner Jason and I decided to spend the night in New Orleans and leave early the next morning for Tennessee.


































I was so grateful for being able to take a free tour through the five roomed warehouse/studio. Tours usually cost $18.50 per adult and  $11.50 per child.



1 comment: