Disable Right Click

Friday, November 19, 2010

Antelope Canyon





The slot canyons of Upper Antelope Canyon is one of the largest attractions in Page AZ. The entry to the canyon is a four wheel drive on a sandy desert road. In order to visit the canyon you must be on a tour. I choose to a hour tour leaving from town. It was a bit costly so I went by myself. Tripod and camera in hand I climbed into the truck that brought the tour group 15 minutes away to the opening of the canyon.






The native Navajo tour guide was extremely nice, giving me pointers on different settings and great places to take photos. The canyon was absolutely fabulous with brilliantly colored walls.




It was neat to learn that the flash flooding this past summer had lifted the floor of the canyon by adding five feet of sand. 




The whole canyon was only about a  half a mile walk but an hour fly’s by when your fiddling with a tripod and camera settings.






The canon was absolutely worth the cost; I just wish I had more time because I would have had more photos if I wasn’t rushed through by the tour.






No comments:

Post a Comment