Disable Right Click

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Little Guy in a little despair

The Great Sand Dunes of Colorado:


The next morning we hit the dunes really early. As we were at the visitor’s center a couple asked about the little guy. Of course I gave them a tour and just as I was explaining the storage in the back I looked down at the bottom corner and noticed it was falling apart.

Just like the first little guy that fell apart while my parents were camping this summer, the wood on the side of the camper was starting to rot and rip the seam apart

As Jason and I inspected the little guy I was almost to tears; our trip was over.






Not in the mood at all to hike we decided to walk to the base of the dunes, fill up our water bottles and head south to New Mexico. Our next obligation became getting the little guy fixed.





The drive down to New Mexico was filled with a ton of small towns and although we needed to keep driving, I just had to stop and take a few photos of some painted water towers and old trains. 






We really lucked out stopping in the town of Espanola. With the help of my dad, back in New York, we were able to find a local welder who was able to fix our home on wheels. He built and welded a metal brace, on the corner and damaged side, to the metal frame underneath. 











So relieved that we could still continue on the trip we left to the next national park on our list, Bandelier.


No comments:

Post a Comment